Look how old I am...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful for...

Today, as I wait for the action to begin, I am reflecting on everything I have to be thankful for! Of course I'm thankful for the little girl this blog is written for...and her Daddy and her grandparents/great-grandparents and her Aunts and Uncles...and everyone who has enriched her life.

Everyday she surprises me, makes me proud, encourages me, and fills me with JOY! Now, don't get me wrong....she also frustrates me and makes my blood pressure rise (Derek says I have to be honest!) But the truth is, the first sentence occurs more often then the frustration!

As she grows I, as well as others, have noticed that she is becoming a little mini-me. She has spunk (no, I will not say attitude!), dramatic personality, and sweetness all rolled into one very complicated little girl! But, never fear, I see her father in her too! She comes up with silly comments/remarks for people, can tease and play jokes with the best of them, and thinks and questions just like her Daddy! AND she will wake up silently, sneak into our bedroom, put her cold little right in the small of my back, and GIGGLE when I jump...now if that isn't JUST LIKE DADDY...I don't know what is!!

I LOVE to listen to her talk. It is truly a window into her mind that we are finally just beginning to open! She will finally say people's names. It is important to her that we discuss who is going to be wherever we are going. She is memorizing every name of the kids and people at daycare, all of her cousin's names, and she is getting MUCH better at saying her own name! She plays pretend with her dolls and talks about everything they are doing, "He go potty." "You come to my house?" and lots of "OKAYs" She gets VERY frustrated when Mommy or Daddy do not understand what she is saying on the first try! She will slap her legs and say, "Nooooooooo" with some sort of growl! When you finally get it right you get a sarcastic sounding YES! Did I mention that she is ALWAYS right??? She will ask me what something is and if I answer wrong, I am informed (LOUDLY!)

A favorite from the other day: Daddy went out to get something from his truck. He was already back in, but Raychel hadn't heard him. She came out of her bedroom and told me she was going to go find Daddy. She walked out of the kitchen door and Daddy scared her! After jumping she yelled, "Daddy you scared me!!!!" (He REALLY got her this time!) LOL Then she hid around the corner and tried to scare him!!

She wants a red pig, a tractor (big one), Micky Mouse cup, Dora socks, a blue toothbrush, books, candy, and cake from "Anta!" We are working on her initial S and F sounds! She is super excited about Christmas this year and we haven't even put up the tree yet!

I love to hear, "I love you Mommy. I love you Daddy" So sweet! Raychel gives the BEST hugs, sweetest kisses, and gives the most special looks!! She warms my heart, OVER and OVER! She will tell you NO when you ask for a hug and just when you walk off or move away she will come running with a grin on her face! (see...just like her Daddy!)

She gets LOTS of compliments when we are out in public. People notice how well-behaved and polite she is. And, usually, they are RIGHT! She walks with me, pushes the cart through the grocery store, and helps put items on the counter to buy. She is VERY concerned with how neat and tidy the stores are. She will pick up items from the floor and put them where they belong and even straighten out candy bars so they are going the same way with the top up! Many customers have watched her and been impressed! They all want to know if she is like that at home, well...umm...sometimes but usually not!

Someone else we are grateful for is Sara! She has done a WONDERFUL job with Raychel!! Not only is she her daycare provider but she is her Sunday School teacher too! Raychel LOVES going to Sara's. She usually runs up the steps and gives her a hug, forget MOM...I've got Sara! Many days I have to carry her to the car because she wants to stay there and play! WE are thrilled to have Sara in our lives and Raychel is blessed with a wonderful lady who truly cares about her.

Raychel knows all of her colors! She points out things everywhere, "Look, a purple truck!" or "I want that red (whatever)" The Parents as Teachers lady came in October and we played sorting games and she left information about how to help Raychel with her colors: pointing them out in public, asking her about them, etc. Yeah, she already knew them and does this herself! Sure am glad she read the instruction manual for herself before she was born!!! I think they lost it somewhere during the delivery, so Mom and Dad are stuck without!

She also knows how to count to three, four, six, eight, and ten! It depends on how many she chooses to count to at the time. The other day she was at Daddy's work, counting the cans of cleaner, dusting the tops, and turning them the right direction. Daddy said she is hired!

Raychel LOVES books. She wants to be the teacher and read them to anyone who will listen! She holds them just like a teacher, so everyone can see the pictures! She will curl up behind the couch and go through a huge basket of books; reading and talking about everything she sees!

Yep, my little girl is amazing...OF COURSE! =) I know I'm a little biased, but that is my right as a parent!!! She is magical and special beyond belief! Thanks for reading my random notes today!

No comments: