Look how old I am...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 13, 2009

A fun week

I enjoyed a few extra days at home with Raychel. After 2 days snow days, she developed a fever associated with teething. She always runs a high fever for 2-3 days when she is teething!

By the time the weekend was over we were both more than a little ready to get out of the house! We spent Saturday shopping for Christmas with Grandpa and Grandma. I think she had fun!

Raychel as a reindeer. We tried to dress up like Santa and his reindeer. We were desperate for something "new and different" to do!

She also started kissing Mommy if she accidentally hit me. We were reading books, laying on the floor, and she reached for a book and then swung back to give it to me...hit me right in the face (OUCH!). She leaned over and kissed me...said, "uh oh! Mommy? mwahh!" Later she thought if she hit me, she could kiss me! So she would tap me on the head with a toy and then kiss me! I explained to her that she didn't have to hit Mommy to kiss Mommy! LOL She stopped hitting me and kissed me about 5 more times! She can be SOOO sweet!


She learned how to say "BOO!" We have played peek-a-boo for a LONG time, but she never tried to play back until this weekend! So fun! She covers her face with her hands or a blanket and says, "Boo" in this low, deep tone! She, of course, cracks up laughing if you pretend to be scared! Tonight, going to the grocery store, she disrupted my thinking with a "Boo" that did actually scare me and we both laughed!
I have been taping all the kids Christmas shows that usually come on when she is going to bed and we watched many of them while we were home. I am trying to help her understand what all this stuff is! She knows who Santa is now and if you ask what he says, she will say..."HO!" We may need to add in the other 2 HO's there...but too cute!

Last night I wrapped presents and put them under the tree. Boy do I wish I had a camera ready to go when she woke up! She came out and noticed the presents immediately! She stared at them, then squatted down to get a better look, and walked around the tree squatting occaisionally to get a good look! I left for a minute and she brought a present to me! She was less than thrilled when I told her she couldn't touch them! But, she hasn't touched them since! Now, when I'm taking a nap and Dad is in charge...she touches the ornaments and everything! Tee Hee....at least it was one she could touch! Note the picture below! Normally she does not mess with the tree. She closely observes the tree several times a day, walking around it about 1 foot from the tree! She is doing a great job, I just knew we would have to have a baby gate around it...but no! =)



We have a Baby Einstein video that she loves to watch. There is a reindeer puppet that pops out of the box and she was yelling, "BOO!" at it tonight. At the end of the show all the characters go to sleep as they play, Silent Night. Santa comes into the picture and puts his finger on his lips and shhhh! As we were going to bed and I was telling her goodnight, she leaned over and put her finger on her mouth and shhhhhushed ME! LOL

She has also taken an intrest in going to the potty. I really don't think she knows what to do when she gets there, but STILL! =) She has a book with baby words in it. One of the pages is about the potty. She points to it, signs "bath", and runs to the bathroom door. The sign, "bath", now means...I want to brush my teeth, go to the bathroom, and take a bath! LOL She goes in and puts the potty seat on the potty. I take off her diaper and she is happy to sit for a minute! The first time we went, she said... "POOP!" Wouldn't that be great? She hasn't done anything...but you have to start somewhere!
We have been trying to take pictures all weekend for our Christmas card! She is bound and determined to NOT smile for the camera! It took both of us to get a picture! She has a great poker face... DARN KID!! Soo cute and I can't capture it to remember it FOREVER!
New words this week....BOO, poop, HO (Ho-Ho), and farm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Raychel blesses us all with her presence. She is truly a present... Love, Grandma Sandy