Look how old I am...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I have noticed...

that my posts have significantly decreased since she has been walking! LOL Maybe that is because I am chasing her everywhere and by the time she goes to bed, I'm pooped! She is running everywhere now and is MUCH taller/can reach everything...so I'm jumping even more! Oh and did I mention that she CLIMBS??? Yep, on everything! She also dives off couches...sometimes into bean bags and sometimes into end tables and onto the floor. I have managed to upload pictures to Facebook as it seems FASTER...so I hope you have kept up there!

What is happening with our little Raychel Joy? Oh my goodness, there are so many things I don't even know where to start. She is becoming this wonderful, joyful, ornery, sweet, loving, fun, and fantastic little person! Did I mention ornery? Her Daddy and I adore this little angel!

She sleeps...very well. She still takes 2 naps for a minimum of an hour and a half, but more typically 2 hours or more! Just like her Daddy there! That and she runs and moves CONSTANTLY when she is awake, so she has to recharge often!

She runs, very fast. She LOVES to be chased by Daddy and Grandmas and Grandpas! She runs around and around the island and the kitchen/dining room area. She likes to hide from you and jump out...she laughs, giggles, and shrieks the whole time. She will hide on the other side of her crib and try to crouch down low enough so you can't see her!

She climbs on everything. She throws her whole leg up, instead of her knee, on couches, chairs, table tops, and even her crib. She likes to stand on the couch, walk around, and always gives the "you caught me" look when Mommy says, "SIT DOWN!". She climbs up and down steps, on her own. She also can climb in and out of the car and her car seat.

She talks....a lot! Her favorite word, currently, is PUPPY! It all started with a puppy that she spent some time with at Thanksgiving. She likes little dogs and continually says puppy! Her day care has a small dog (puppy to her) that she plays with all day. Maybe her Mommy and Daddy will get weak and buy her a small dog to have as a companion! She also loves the word, "MINE!". She takes anything and announces to the world that it is now HERS! Oh and she also recently started with, "BOO". She has a Peek-a-Block with a chick hatching from an egg on the inside...you push the button and the egg opens further and she yells, "Boo!" Other favorites are...done, Mommy (which is usually repeated continuously), Dawn (her day care provider), up, down, on, off, cat, dog, out, go, Daddy, ooohhhh, uh huh, uh ohhh, yes, eat, all done, try again, cow, duck, and more. She has several 2-3 word phrases that she uses. She does not say, No...amazingly enough...but she does shake her head NO! =)

She is so serious. I think she is thinking all the time. She is a smart little cookie. She counts to one! She stacks blocks and puts one down and says, "One" and then looks to me to count the rest. She twists open bottles and cups, stacks things, and finds matches. She loves to play with food containers and cups. We have tea parties and make things with her pots and pans. For Christmas we are giving her my Strawberry Shortcake kitchen that I had growing up. I am sure she will LOVE playing with that!

She is also giggly. Did I mention ornery? Daddy has taught her how to lift the back of my shirt and put her cold hands on my back...which of course produces shrieking from both of us. She can be very ticklish behind her knees, armpits, collar bone, tummy, and toes. She likes to act like she is going to do something she is not supposed to do and then giggle when we tell her no or stop.

She is very good at feeding herself. She uses a fork and a spoon very well to scoop her food. Unfortunately she also likes to play with her food and if Mommy is not watching it gets dumped, launched off the high chair, or squished and swished across the room! She loves her veggies (broccoli, lima beans, and peas are among her favorites), pasta, grapes, bananas, raisens, and chocolate covered plums! She has a VERY BIG SWEET TOOTH! She loves chocolate and suckers...too much! LOL

She loves her dolly. She pushes her around in the stroller, feeds her, hugs her, kisses her, and snuggles with her. She also loves shoes and slippers. She tries to put them on herself and sometimes succeeds, but mostly brings them to me and says, "On Mom."

I could probably keep going, but I've probably bored you all by now! That is okay...I will have all the memories for later! =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Raychel is such a JOY to one and all. Thank you for sharing with us some of the magic she brings to your lives! She is a true blessing! Enjoy every special moment!
Love, Grandma Sandy