Look how old I am...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Growing up...so fast!











Raychel is getting so big! She is talking a LOT more. She says things like "What's wrong?", "I help!", "I wanna go home!", "tickle, tickle", and lots more! You never know what she is going to say next! She says multi-word phrases several times a day now, which is so fun!
The other day we had an entire conversation. We were in the car and I had to pull over for an ambulance. She said, "What's that?" I told her it was an ambulance. She asked, "Why?" I said they were going to help someone with an ouchy. She said, "They hurt?" I said yes. She said, "They help?" I said, yes the ambulance will go make them feel better. She said, "Oh, good!" She amazes me!

We are working on her not saying "MINE!" all the time. She says it a lot at day care and when we are with anyone else. When we are home there is not anyone to take her things so we don't hear it too often. I know that this is just a stage she is going through, but that doesn't mean we have to let her do it constantly. I talk to her about not saying it and how she will get timeout if she does say it and that seems to help right now. Hopefully we will continue on that trend. Her day care provider is following through with her and she went from saying it 300 times a day to about 3. Okay, so the 300 might be an exaggeration...but not a very big one! She did the same thing when she learned how to say NO...she used it constantly. But, with a few days of timeout and talking...she stopped!

Raychel reached up and tickled me! She says, "tickle, tickle" and then I tickle her back...she giggles and giggles and finally says, done!

Tonight we played at the park. She LOVES to play in the sand! She fills buckets, dumps them out, and digs again. At home she doesn't have sand in her sandbox yet so she plays with dirt in the flower boxes. When she gets dirty she says, "Oh my" and brushes it off till she is clean again! LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Raychel is so caring and understands so much. She repeatedly pointed to my bandaged eye and would say, ohhh, that hurt? and when I answered it was ok and it's getting better, she responded with ohhhhh! She is going to be a wonderful nurse. I can already tell because she certainly made Grandma Sandy feel better!