Look how old I am...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

DUE DATE!!!!


Well....


Went to the Dr. yesterday (6-16-08) and I had made NO progress. He said I was still at 1cm and 50% effaced. He tried to stretch my cervix and was shocked when I was smiling/laughing through the whole thing and not in tears or having to breathe through it. He said, "Are you sure you are okay? Did your brother Jay beat you up a lot growing up?" (Linda and I have the same Dr., so he knows Jay)" I didn't think it hurt that bad, the nurse (who just had a kid 6 months ago) said that should be hurting REALLY BAD! The Dr. said I should have a pretty easy labor if I didn't think that hurt! Here is hoping to an easy labor!!


After the appointment Derek and I met up with friends (Nick, Crystal, and Holly) for dinner. About half-way through dinner I started getting a few contractions...YEAH! On the way home, 9:30, they started to become more regular. From 9:30-4:30 (right now) I have been getting contractions anywhere from 5-10 minutes apart. I have been trying to sleep, but have not had much luck. I wake up everytime there is a contraction. I thought I would get up for a while and time them a little better. They are currently closer together, about 4 minutes!!!! I think they have to stay steady for an hour before calling or going to the hospital!


So, that is where we are at right now. Will it continue and be REAL labor or stop? WHO KNOWS! Only time will tell!! I keep feeling or seeing the baby move, so I know that it is still a happy camper... I am just wondering if it is packing its bag for the trip home?!?!?!


Maybe Baby D. will come on its due date!!! We have high hopes for this kid to be "on-time"...it may be the first baby in the Deines/Sievers/Sleichter families to be "on-time" anywhere...let alone for it's birthday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill,

I'm writing this at 10:43 a.m. So, I hope you're headed to the hospital! Looking forward to hearing from you the good news!

Grandma Sandy said...

My daily devotional reads: "I celebrate new beginnings this day." Hope you have good news for us to all CELEBRATE today!!! XXXOOO