Look how old I am...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Grandma's Quilt

Last Friday (8-22-08) Raychel received Grandma Sherry's quilt. It is beautiful and something that Raychel will treasure as she grows up! Currently she thinks it is great for stretching out on and this winter I'm sure she will love its warmth too!

Inscription: For you created my in most being...I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Psalm 139: 13,14 To: Raychel Joy Deines From: With love, Grandma Sherry (Osland) 2008

Grandma Sherry's explanation/description:

The bird in the center is a dove (Holy Spirit - watching over her) I've always liked butterflies (sign of rebirth). The dragonflies I came to like around ponds - w/their brilliant metallic blue/green colors-when fishing with Aunt Bernice (Don and you (Derek) - once or twice) AND those at the pond in the pasture at the trailer.


The design/picture is quilted with variegated thread in pastel colors and the rest of the quilting matches the fabric. It is hard to capture on screen, so you will just have to come see it in person...and Raychel too! =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful quilt for a beautiful granddaughter! Raychel will always cherish her Grandma Sherry's thoughtfulness and special talents!
With love,
Grandma Sandy