Look how old I am...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, August 8, 2008

Just SMILE...51 days with Mommy!

On day 52...Mommy leaves her at day care! =(

Do you know the song? Smile by Nat King Cole

http://www.last.fm/music/Nat+King+Cole/+videos/+1-4X-lZSaS_QY

Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though its breaking
When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by
If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through for you

Light up your face with gladness
Hide every trace of sadness
Although a tear may be ever so near
That's the time you must keep on trying
Smile, whats the use of crying?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile...

This was the song and thoughts running through my mind today as I dropped Raychel off at day care! I dressed her in her "SMILE" outfit...you know the one...



Of course, this was not her today...that picture will be posted later! The outfit definitely fits now!

I put on my "war paint" (i.e. makeup) because you CAN'T cry or you would mess up your war paint, I dressed her in one of my favorite outfits, and kept SMILING all day! I made it...I DID NOT CRY ALL DAY!!!!! But it was very hard to leave her! I actually had a super long day and left her for almost 13 hours....but she did get in good Daddy time!

She tried to make me feel better! Just after getting her dressed she gave me a HUGE smile...where is that camera when you need it? Then, I peeked in her car seat before taking her out at day care and she SMILED several times at me! I'll go with Linda's thinking...she was telling me that it was okay Mommy...I'll be fine!!! =) So, I JUST SMILED!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tears came to grandma's eyes too! We all have to keep smiling...and we will make it through...
XOXOXOXOXOXO