Look how old I am...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Teething?!?!?!

Two times today Raychel let us know that teething hurts. That's right, I said teething....our little one is teething! Grandma said that I had 2 teeth at 2 months and 6 at 6 months, if she remembers right...so it is possible that she is teething this early!

This morning she was happily playing, cooing, and making faces...then, she was screaming! She got a terrified, lip curled out look, and then she burst into tears! (I happened to be taking pictures of her during this time...I'll upload the really really sad face we got 2 seconds before screaming commenced!) Nothing seemed to calm her down and nothing seemed to be wrong. Moments before I had noticed increased saliva in her mouth and her hands were rubbing her mouth, but no other sign of distress!

Tonight, while at Pizza Hut with one of Derek's friends, she was happily sitting in my lap kicking and tossing her arms around, and then......shrieking!!!! Derek had just wiped off drool from her chin, but no other signs of distress were present. I took her outside and walked with her, which calmed her for a moment, we offered her a bottle (NOPE!), and I checked her diaper! I told Derek it was time to go, no one at Pizza Hut wanted to eat with a baby shrieking that loud! They could all tell she was in pain and sympathized with us...one lady even stopped to talk to us in the parking lot before she left! When we got home she calmed down and fell asleep for a few minutes before starting all over again. This time I got a wash cloth, ran it under COLD water, and the chomped on it until it got warm. We continued re-cooling the wash cloth until she calmed down. Then she had a bottle and took a nap!

So at 1 month, 3 weeks, and 3 days old......all I can say is...I guess she is teething! Poor baby!!!
=(

No comments: